"We can build our relationships on fear, obligation, or trust. However, only a foundation of trust results in the collaboration and goodwill necessary to achieve our peak performance."
Roger K. Allen, Ph.D., The Center for Organizational Design, Inc.
| ||When trust is absent, relationships are characterized by an adversarial attitude: me vs. you; us vs. them. Rather than goodwill, there are deep and hidden animosities. Respect is lost and our performance is compromised as our energies go into manipulation and protection rather than working together towards a shared vision.|
We believe that the most successful organizations of the 21st century will be those that know how to create a climate of trust and goodwill among their employees.
What You Will Gain:
In this program, you will learn how to interact with others in ways that build trust and win/win outcomes. Specifically, you will:
- Learn the core elements of trust.
- Identify how we engage in "collusive," weakening patterns of relating to others.
- Experience a "change of heart" and know how to break out of collusive patterns.
- Come to view others in a way that promotes unity, trust, and goodwill.
- Understand the three phases of interpersonal dialogue and practice the dialogue skills.
- Commit to interacting with others in strengthening rather than weakening ways.
- Develop the ability to confront poor performance and behavior problems.
Structure and Format:
The Trust Factor consists of eight modules (two to three hours each). The training comes alive as you participate in experiential exercises and role-playing that help you internalize the principles and skills that are taught.